Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am a Really Fast CX Racer

I don't usually brag about what i do because rarely do I have anything that is bragworthy.
But I have now beat Kelly Glenn of Glenn Bros Racing 2 weeks in a row. If it had only been one week then I might have thought it was a fluke. But two weeks in a row? That is a streak.
As I have lay in bed for the last two weeks, falling asleep with a smile on my face, I try and think what it was that gave me that competitive edge over Kelly when it really mattered.
I could be the little things like that fact that I am clean shaven and he has a beard and that lack of aerodynamics are slowing him down. It could be that i opted for the thermal skinsuit where he went with the regular skinsuit and he is not getting his muscles sufficiently warm during pre-race warmups. It could be that my wife only had 2 babies and his wife had 3 babies so i am getting 33% more sleep than he is right now.

It could be the fact that he can't keep his bike upright and parts keep breaking off during the middle of the races. I don't care. I will take it. A win is a win. And by "WIN" I mean that I was in the middle of the pack of the rest of my field, but I was in front of Kelly.

Now if I could just figure out how to take down James, I could die happy.
Actually all I have to do is wait for his rear wheel to explode, (which is going to be any day now) and I can walk away with the "W".

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!




1 comment:

Ski Bike Junkie said...

I finished right between the Glenn brothers (ahead of James, behind Kelly) at UTCX #1. Finally finished ahead of Kelly (but behind James) at UTCX #9. I think to be fast, you have to finish ahead of both of them on the same day. Otherwise you just got lucky. Just sayin'.