Thursday, August 26, 2010

Megans First REAL Triathlon

Megan has done a few triathlons, but they were more of the informal, neighborhood triathlons on the 4th of July where you show up in the morning and everybody decides what distance they are going to do.

Before
After

I can really only take megan's word for it if she did the olympic distance or not.
She claims she did a 1500 m swim, 40km bike and 10k run in 3:06. She looks as fresh in the after picture as the before picture. For all i know she could have taken a couple of pictures in the transition area and then went to the spa for the morning.
I wasn't there to see her. When i did my first open water swim, she came to see me and even almost got our car towed because she was afraid i was going to drown. 100 yards into the swim, the thought did cross my mind. I got my swimming merit badge when i was 13 years old, they didn't have other people hitting and kicking me during my swim. This video shows how to properly train for an open water swim.

Bunny was supposed to do this tri so megan took bunny with her.

2 comments:

Lonnie and Reuben/Bob said...

Great for Megan. All that hard work and she looks refreshed afterwords. I am always tired after a ride. I especially loved the Bunny tribute part.

Megan said...

Caught me! I was hoping you wouldn't notice my glowing skin and the new mani-pedi.